Welcome to EP-5 of FalseTrue Digest, - newsletter or journal, or maybe even e-zine, but right now let’s stick to the name digest. I’ll write weekly based summaries about software development, programming world and software itself.
- Linux 6.4-rc1 https://lkml.org/lkml/2023/5/7/206
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Mathematics* https://www.math.cmu.edu/~jmackey/151_128/bws_book.pdf
- Schneier on LLMs https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2023/05/on-the-poisoning-of-llms.html
- API Bug in Oauth dev tools https://packetstormsecurity.com/news/view/34657/API-Bug-In-OAuth-Dev-Tool-Opened-Apps-To-Account-Hijacking.html
Repositories and projects
It mostly GPT related stuff in Github trending repositories for a week, its booming now, any way here is a few interesting to try
- Face Swapper https://github.com/iperov/DeepFaceLive
- Awesome self-hosted https://github.com/awesome-selfhosted/awesome-selfhosted
How-to’s and guides
- When fullscans better than indexes https://www.jefftk.com/p/you-dont-always-need-indexes
- Interesting article about Deus Ex texture blending https://simonschreibt.de/gat/deus-ex-alpha-terrain/
Weekly Linux desktop
- OpenSnitch - GUI firewall analog of MacOS littlesnitch with same UI interface https://github.com/evilsocket/opensnitch
Mentions and utils
- AWK https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWK
This format will be like this,
- I’ll share various links, and experiences on a weekly base.
- Interesting persons on Internet and their stuff.
- Various software which you don’t even know.
If you like what you see here please comment and share, this helps me gain some consistency on this.